Thursday, May 20, 2010

Hose Testing

Today was an abbreviated day. I only worked from 7 A.M. until 5 P.M. During that time, we only had a few calls, but nothing serious. However, several other Explorers (High school seniors) showed up, and we went to test out some of the functions of the new engine, Engine 4. Here, I got my first taste of what it was like to shoot a hose. I shot the smallest of the hoses, 1 3/4" hoses. Even these proved to be difficult to handle when the pressure was increased. Despite the difficulty, it was still a ton of fun. To end the day, we filled up the bottom of one of the large charcoal grills for the Fire Station Cookout in two weeks. I now have one more day left at the station and my experience has been awesome so far. It's been everything I hoped for, plus a little bit more. From examining the dynamics of the firehouse, to my Signal 22 experience, it's been interesting. Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment