Sunday, May 23, 2010

Structure Fire

Just a quick blurb about something that happened Saturday. Perhaps my greatest fear about my Senior Project came true... I MISSED A STRUCTURE FIRE! Unfortunately, this Saturday there was a major structure fire on route 11 just over the City line in Franklin. At first, I didn't know what it was as I approached the scene in my car. All I saw were the police lights, and a police officer directing traffic. As I continued down the road I saw approximately 10-15 cars parked alongside the road, and wondered why all the people were parked there. Perhaps they were at some event at one of the houses, or maybe they were all on the water. It wasn't until I saw Franklin's Rescue Truck and Fire Engines that I realized there had been a structure fire, and that those cars were not there coincidentally. They were all off duty fire fighters that had come to help. They took time out of their own weekend to come help out their brothers in what quintessentially describes their job. They go to work not as co-workers, but as brothers. They're there for one another 24 hours a day, on duty or off duty. Wouldn't it be nice to see this play out in more real life situations...? Just some food for thought. Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment